A 78-year-old Lebanon man is behind bars after allegedly admitting sexually abusing a developmentally-delayed 28-year-old woman he’s known since she was an infant.
Linn County Sheriff Bruce Riley said on January 27th, Richard Wade Conklin came to the sheriff’s office on his own to talk to detectives about the allegations and admitted to engaging in sexual acts with the woman, starting several years ago.
Conklin and the woman’s family are friends who went to the same church, officials said. He told investigators that he knew the woman was developmentally delayed, and said that “she does not present herself as a 28-year old.” He allegedly said the sexual activity began several years ago and said he was wrong to do it.
Richard Wade Conklin, of Lebanon, faces three counts of first-degree sexual abuse, first-degree sodomy and first-degree unlawful sexual penetration after accusations surfaced against him.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call detective Beth Miller at 541-967-3820.
More information about Richard Wade Conklin’s case can be found here:
- Lebanon man, 78, charged in ongoing sex abuse
- Lacomb man faces sexual abuse charges
- Sheriff’s Deputies Arrest Lebanon Man for Sex Abuse
- Linn deputies arrest Lebanon man for sex abuse
- Deputies arrest Lacomb man for sex abuse
- Lebanon Man Accused of Sexually Abusing Woman
- Linn Deputies Arrest Lebanon Man for Sex Abuse
- Sheriff: Linn Co. man sexually abused developmentally delayed woman
- Elderly man admits to sexually abusing developmentally delayed woman
- 78-Year-Old Lebanon Man Arrested For Sex Abuse
- Lebanon man, 78, accused of sexually abusing developmentally delayed female, 28
If you have information about abuse by Richard Wade Conklin please contact detective Beth Miller at 541-967-3820.
Also, if you would like advice from an attorney about the rights and options for victims of sexual abuse, please contact Crew Janci LLP today for a free, confidential consultation at 1-888-407-0224 or by using our private online form. We will treat you with discretion and respect.